Apple Cheddar Turkey Sliders
Makes 14 sliders
Variety Tip: Use Ontario Empire, Gala, or Ambrosia apples
|1 cup||canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed||250 mL|
|1 lb||extra lean ground turkey||500 g|
|1 tsp||poultry seasoning||5 mL|
|1 cup||peeled and finely diced Ontario apples*||250 mL|
|2||green onions, sliced||2|
|1/4 tsp||each, salt and pepper||1 mL|
|1 tbsp||canola oil||15 mL|
|1/2 cup||peeled and thinly sliced Ontario apples*||125 mL|
|7||slices of cheddar cheese, quartered||7|
- In a food processor or blender, pulse chickpeas until pea size or smaller, about 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl mix chickpeas with turkey, poultry seasoning, apples, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Scoop 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the turkey mixture into your hand and form into a 1-inch thick burger. Repeat until the entire mixture has been used.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the burgers, 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add apple slices and cheddar cheese to the tops of the burgers and cover with a lid for one minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve on slider buns or wrapped in boston lettuce and enjoy.
*See Variety Tip
Nutrition Facts per slider: 152 calories; 12 g protein; 6 g fat; 14 g carbohydrate (2 g fibre; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars); 234 mg sodium